This month i am celebrating six months of my picture tales on this blog and it can’t get any better than me winning a Liebster award! A heartfelt thank you to my reader and friend Aditya, who writes a blog by the name The Integral. This award is like a sugar rush after you run a marathon (not that I have written for years but the feeling is such 😀 ).
So, a Liebster award (as my friend Aditya writes) is given to upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers and is also a means to connect to fellow bloggers. Sounds terrific. But the most awesome thing about this award is that you tell people a little more about yourself, so they can see the writer behind the words 🙂
Here is a list of things that i am supposed to do in this post:
- Post 11 facts about myself
- Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has given me
- Tag 11 more Bloggers (with no more than 200 followers) & make 11 questions for them
- Tell the people I tagged that I did.
- No tagging back.
OK, so here we go:
11 facts about me:
- I started writing (or fell in love with expressing thoughts on paper) at the age of 11. My first piece was a poetry on Pollution. It did win me accolades at school but i was happy about the fact that i could tell people at mass in few words that how unhappy i was with the increasing pollution in our city 🙂
- I am a fitness freak, but i just cannot resist food 😛 (look below, this happy i become when i am around food)
- I love dancing and i have learned Kathak, which is an Indian classical dance form
- I am a volunteer with UN and i am working on a project to support education for underprivileged children
- I have never played a serious prank on anyone, oh yes my childhood was spent more in libraries which i now sort of regret 😛
- I am an Engineer but i always wanted to become a Medical Doctor. In fact i was an inch close to studying Dentistry but i changed my decision at the last moment
- Though i have moved around and lived in big cities of India i am still a small town girl at heart (PS – only those who grew in a small town would understand the charm 🙂 )
- I love helping startups and small businesses and i consult/advice/help wannabe or newly made entrepreneurs with marketing ideas and that’s why my site is called Brew Ideas. (the home page picture tale was developed on a night when i just could not sleep)
- My bucket list includes visiting as many countries and cultures i can
- I dread Bungee jumping, but i hope i could gather the courage to do it some day
- and finally, i love it when my friends and readers follow me and leave their feedback on my blog, so please keep sharing your views on Camera Lore and i will keep inquisitive lores coming 🙂
Next, Aditya has asked me the 11 questions and here are the answers:
1. What is that one moment that defined you?
A. I guess i am still waiting for the light to flash over my head!
2. The best thing someone has ever said to you.
A. “You are gifted, don’t let your gifts go waste because not everyone is so blessed”. It almost got me to tears and i realized that i have a bigger purpose to fulfill!
3. If you weren’t doing what you you’re doing currently, what would see yourself as?
A. Farmer or a travel correspondent
4. The best place you’ve traveled to, and the best memory associated to it. (Also, answers the question ‘A favorite place you’ve been to and now wish you lived there’)
A. Minnesota. It was not only my long time wish to visit the United States of America but it totally changed my perspective of the world. Best memory – i visited a town in Minnesota called Farmington and went sight-seeing on a bicycle with my friend
5. How did you deal with your first heart break?
A. I told myself that there is something better awaiting!
6. What is the worst piece of advice you’ve given someone?
A. Umm can’t remember one, actually i am quite good at advising and helping 🙂 i am the midnight call friend!
7. If you could choose your name, what would you call yourself?
A. Xena! yup, i would love to be a warrior princess.
8. Have you ever done something stupid, and absolutely loved it? Temme about it.
A. I had my first drink at the top of a hill. Later cops shooed away me and my friends but i totally loved it!
9. What is the worst Youtube video of yours, that became a viral sensation among your friends?
A. Damn i am yet to become a YouTube celebrity!
10. Have you ever considered shaving your head, just for kicks? Would you?
A. Naaaaah! Never! I love my hair! I might even buy a fancy red wig when i am old 😀
11. Favorite way to waste time?
A. Sleep or just sit on the couch and stare at the trees and sky from my window! (i am a dreamer of sorts)
And here are the
11 bloggers who have some real interesting things to share with the world deserve a Liebster:
- Anuj Mathur for his funny, witty blog This, That and Everything
- PJ Charles for some full of life picture blog PJ Charles Photography
- Soham Sabnis for his photo story blog Every Picture tells a story
- Ada for the blog My world of melancholly where she puts wonderful pictures from her everyday life
- Jonathan for his travel blog Building my Bento
- Tyler for his beautiful nature inspired poetry blog The ancient eavesdropper
- Adrianfor his food blog
- Lucy for her travel blog On the Luce where she shares her travel stories from around the world
- Charlotte for her musical blog by the same name. Don’t forget to see the videos of her performance!
- Sonia for her beautiful gardening blog Pitter Potter Mad Gardener
- Gauri for her blog Worse Verse
Few of the above bloggers already have more than 200 followers, but i just can’t help loving them and want you all to read their stories too!
This is a pretty long post unlike my usual posts but i truly enjoyed writing it and i hope you do enjoy reading it! Keep the love coming, it is never enough 🙂